Why you should have an STI Test
Better2Know are experts in sexual health. We provide a full sexual health screen that tests for the most common STIs. You should consider having the Better2Know Full Screen if one of the following applies to you:
- You recently had a risky sexual incident which you are worried about.
- You have symptoms which could be a sexually transmitted infection or disease (STI or STD).
- You are about to start a new relationship and want to know your sexual health status.
- You just want overall peace of mind.
What is included in my STI Screen?
Please click on the links below to see exactly what tests are included in each of our screens:
Your Better2Know screens are designed by our specialist medical team and include all your testing, a doctors consultation if you test positive, fast results and 24/7 customer service.
All our STI tests are also available individually or as a bolt on to an STI Screen. This means you can design your own combination of tests if you prefer.
Please note that results time are from when the sample is received in our laboratory, and may be shorter or longer depending on your testing location, tests taken and time of testing.
Choose my STI test
To give an accurate result, all STD, STI and HIV tests need a minimum window or incubation period between the incident that you are concerned about and the time of the test. If you have a test too early it is possible that an STD, STI or HIV may not be detected and you may test negative when you are not. Therefore it is important that you are honest with yourself and with us about your incubation period.
There is no maximum time period for testing. You do not have to be tested on any exact date once you have reached the minimum time. Most people do not have any symptoms if they have an STI or STD so it is important to test regularly.
STI Tests available at any time when you have some symptoms:
- Blemish Screen - a swab of a visible wart, spot or blemish for syphilis, HPV/ genital warts and herpes I/II
- Herpes I/II by swab or urine
- HPV/ Genital Warts if you have a suspected wart
STI Tests available at any time with or without symptoms:
- Women only: High Vaginal Swab
- Women only: Comprehensive Cervical Screen (PAP Smear with HPV)
- Women only: PAP Smear for Cervical Cancer
- Women only: HPV typed DNA (14 High Risk and 6 Low Risk HPV types)
STI Tests available 10 days after any incident:
- Early Detection Screen for HIV, Hepatitis B and Hepatitis C
- HIV 10 day RNA PCR Test
STI Tests available 14 days after any incident:
- Early Platinum (using the Early Detection Screen for HIV, Hepatitis B and Hepatitis C)
- Peace of Mind Screen
- Chlamydia and Gonorrhoea
- Hepatitis A
- Hepatitis C
STI Tests from 28 days after any incident:
- Platinum Screen
- Full Screen
- Hepatitis Screen
- Hepatitis Comprehensive Screen
- HIV I/II and p24 antigen DUO test
- Hepatitis B
- Herpes I/II
- TORCH Screen